Thursday 8 January 2015

Moth Trap 7/1/15

The other night as it didn't rain, I was able to put my moth trap out. I've been wanting to put it out for a while but there has been so much rain and frost I couldn't risk it, even though they are waterproof. It was put out at 10:30 and my nan turned the light off at 7 in the morning, and I was hoping to get some good species to start 2015 off.
I went to check what I got at 8 and I was really surprised. Turns out this year doesn't want me to catch any moths. Yep, didn't catch a single moth, not even a fly. I will have to try again and hope for some to start the year, probably when the full moon isn't out.
 
But here are three of my favourites I managed to trap last year.
 
PEPPERED MOTH

LESSER SWALLOW PROMINANT MOTH

PEBBLE PROMINENT MOTH


No comments:

Post a Comment